Friday 4 October 2013

I owe my life to charity

I must admit, I shouldn't have advertised my blog before I even started posting anything (or I should have?). One thing I have realised all along (as my blog was lying idle) is that blogging needs a lot of inspiration. We blog about things that have inspired us one way or the other (at least some of us), so a blogger that lives in an isolated world is really useless to his/ her followers.

I was so fortunate last week to get a chance of getting out of the rock I have been living under (for the past.......I don't know what) and meet a woman that I would like to refer to as my role model, Pam Carlson. She has role played I must say, and I'm very much inspired by her work.
Allow me to stop beating around the bush and just go straight to what I want to voice out:
I only spent a few hours with her but I think its worth mentioning that  I was TOUCHED by the work she does for the less privileged youths of Swaziland through her NGO called Swazi kids. One other interesting thing I found out in the short life changing chat I had with her is that she is also a horse fanatic (how cool can you say that is?). Back home in Canada, she owns a beautiful (and I mean it) grey angel in hooves. A totally gorgeous creature (too bad I could not ascertain if its a gelding/stallion or mare).
I should have asked someone to stop me. when I start writing about horses, I never stop, for your own info. Anyway I will stop.....
In 2001, Pam and Bruce Carlson travelled to southern Africa and without any doubt, they fell in love with the beautiful land and the kindness that was invested into a lot of Swazi people. They eventually saw the challenges some children face regarding school fees, uniforms and supplies, infact life in general. The Carlson family sponsored 12 children and paid for their expenses in the year 2002. The number of young swazis helped by the Carlsons (through their organization they later formed, Swazi kids) has increased tremendously and from helping primary school kids they have enlarged their territories and targeted university and college students.

It is for that reason I have come to the decision of dedicating my life to charity. With the little that I have, I have learnt that I should share with someone who totally does not have. Be it material things, knowledge or just a simple skill. That is the best I can do to thank God for setting up this life changing meeting I had with Mrs Carlson.

My prayer to her and her family, Joseph and Cynthia Aryee (Pam Carlson's overseers in Swaziland and the Swazi kids' mentors) is that God should bless them abundantly, expand their territories, bless them going in and going out, give them their heart's desires and answer all their prayers. The world needs more people of their calibre.

Allow me to end here before I start about horses again :)

Pen down, adios!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment